Keeping Kids on Course—Summer Classes Resume June 2020
To say a lot has happened over the last couple of months would be like saying a 30-foot putt is a tap-in.
I do not know about you, but the term “social distancing” was never a part of my vocabulary until mid-March.
Although we will be back in action in June, things are going to be “different” for the foreseeable future. The good news is we do not have to make too many changes as the game of golf already incorporates most of the best practices to keep us all safe:
- Golfers already stand 6’ apart when we play and practice (so we do not get our teeth knocked out)
- We are outside, on a golf course where every 4 people are separated by a 10-minute gap (tee times)
- We all have our own golf clubs and it is against the Rules of Golf to share (unless playing a designated format)
- We also each bring our own ball and do not hit someone else’s, that too is against the rules
- We carry our own drinks and snacks and if need be can buy additional at the course
Along with the above basics and a couple of operational changes we are confident that we can keep Playing it Safe at First Tee Northern Nevada!
New Policies and Procedures for Keeping it Safe at First Tee Classes and Camps
- Check-in and Check-out
- Various locations at programming locations; your coach prior to camp or class will let you know where to sign-in and out
- We will have a designated person checking in and out the kids, no signing yourself into class.
- Kids will place their golf bag in a designated club area
- Max 8 kids to 1 coach
- No sharing equipment, if a student needs golf equipment we will give them a set of clubs for the day and they will be sanitized after each class
- Everyone will stay 6’ apart during all activities
- We will not be providing masks for kids; parents can send kids to class with a mask if they see fit.
- Students will receive hand sanitizer before and after class.
- Limit 3 people in the restroom at any one time
- No water coolers, kids will need to bring their own water
- Families to help “Keep Kids on Course” please
- Encourage your child to avoid touching their face, ears, nose, and mouth
- Have them wash their hand’s frequency
- Remind them to sneeze or cough into their elbow
- Remember our new Safety Rules
- If someone is not feeling well, please stay home
- First Tee Northern Nevada Staff
- Cleaning is on-going all-day
- All staff and coaches will be wearing face masks
- Our students’ safety is our #1 concern
Six Feet Apart
Assigned Check-in and out areas
Face masks on coaches
Eight students to 1 coach
Ten minute tee times
You are helping to keep yourself and others safe!